Why choose solar energy?
Generating solar energy has a number of benefits for both homes and businesses. These are just a few of them:
- Cut your carbon footprint: solar electricity is a green, renewable energy and doesn't release any harmful carbon dioxide (CO2) or other pollutants. A typical home PV system could save around 1 tonne of CO2 per year - that's around 25 tonnes over its lifetime.
- Cut your electricity bills: sunlight is free, so once you've paid for the initial installation your electricity costs will be greatly reduced. A typical home PV system can produce around 40% of the electricity a household uses in a year.
- Sell electricity back to the Grid: if your system is producing more electricity than you need, or there are times when you can't use it, someone else can - and you could make a bit of money. You can make money on excess electricity by selling it back to the Grid through a scheme called Feed in Tariffs (FIT).
- Store electricity for a cloudy day: if your home isn't connected to the national grid you can store excess electricity in batteries to use when you need it.
- Generating your business’s electricity through solar energy demonstrates Corporate Social Responsibility and will reflect well on your company.
Making the most of solar electricity
To make electricity you produce go further, you can:
- invest in energy efficient appliances and products
- use energy when the sun is out - do your laundry during the day to take advantage of the free electricity
To find out more about the benefits which solar energy could bring to your home or business, please get in touch.